The mission of this workshop is to understand and embrace the concepts of Gamification thinking & design, to incorporate purpose, engagement, fun, mastery and autonomy for your players in- and outside of your organization by using the tools & techniques for Enterprise Gamification.
Gamification is the use of game design techniques & mechanics to solve problems and engage audiences. Gamification strives to encourage users to engage in desired behaviors in connection with non-game applications.
The workshop will be a half day practical workshop on the concepts of enterprise gamification facilitated by SAP Labs’ Janaki Kumar, Senior Director of User Experience.
The agenda of the workshop will be as follows:
A half day practical workshop with individual and team exercises throughout the workshop.
1. Onboarding – Introduction to Enterprise Gamification
2. Defining the Challenge & Goals
3. Understanding the Player(s)
4. Learning about Gamification Design and Game Mechanics
5. Gamifying the Application / Process / Activity
6. Growing & Sustaining the Application / Process / Activity
7. Considering National and International Legal Restrictions
8. Building Awareness and Support for Gamification in your Organization
9. Developing a Holistic Corporate Gamification Strategy
At the end of the workshop you will be able to apply gamification techniques to your application or activity for your player types, be they employees, customers or partners. If you brought your own example to the workshop, you will have a raw draft of a potential gamified approach for it.
For the Gamification Workshop there are no requirements. If you have a concrete application, process or activity in mind that you want to gamify, you are very welcome to use that example during the workshop. Many other examples will be provided.
Catering for breakfast and coffee-breaks will be provided. During the workshop be aware of low-flying Angry Birds plush toys. We cannot guarantee that you leave the workshop without one.
Who should attend?
* IT Architects
* Application Developers
* Community Managers
* IT Consultants
* User Experience Designers
* Business Process Experts
* Solution & Product Managers
* Marketing&Brand managers
* Game Designers